Monday 1 October 2018

Atanu Bhattacharya

        A  T  A  N  U     B  H  A  T  T  A  C  H  A  R  Y  A






              The   Moonlight   Sonata



No wonder the moon looks bigger and brighter.
I lift the veil and fix my eyes to
all the scattered things here and there,
to the blackheads,
all cloudy and pale,
and melancholic too.
It’s midnight now, the moon is above my head,
 are some days in our lives, I feel,
when our vision is enlarged and
our hearts shrink altogether.






              The   Nectarine   Downpour



 Sky is majestically overcast today,
as if Abdul Karim is reading out the couplets
written in praise of Krishna to Akbar the great.
The sober notes that are being praised in the king’s court today, are 
akin to those couplets.
Then came the rain, the nectarine downpour,
which few can relish.
After a while the sky becomes clear,
A shivering soft light emerges,
Within this aura sits prince Dara,
translating the Upanishads in the Persian language.
Such a day takes away all my efforts to accomplish the
mundane tasks, to move elsewhere.
Silent and still I gaze mindlessly at the world.
There is within my room all emptiness

And Shiva Himself.



_________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment